We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lyranne's life lessons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lyranne

Lyranne

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Lyranne's life lessons Empty
PostSubject: Lyranne's life lessons   Lyranne's life lessons EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:47 am

Lyranne's life lessons

My true reasons for my disdain with Silvermoon, and fellow Sin'Dorei:

My family were wealthy, and lower ranked magi. I had been told at a young age that I did not have their gift for magic, and was instead recommended to train as a priest. My parents were over-protective, and so I found life at home somewhat frustrating. But I was rebellious, and so, although my parents tried to keep me safe, I'd sneak out into the City and surrounding areas to find people to talk to. Naturally, I needed a disguise, so I went by the alias 'Deyyania'. Finding myself liberated from my inherited trappings, I could be myself. I made some friends, including a troll, who we just knew as 'tall one'.
she was headstrong, like I was, and although we didn't always see eye to eye, I consider her my best friend at that point in my life. I have since found out that this Troll was none other than Ryleen. of course, back then I was emaciated through heavy addiction, and we never knew each others real names (as I was desperate not to be found out), and she was younger then.
I started to talk to my parents about why I felt we needed to change our treatment of others, and eventually, they started to listen. It wasn't easy:
Firstly, as they were of moderate social standing, they had to keep up the pretence of being loyal. Secondly, there was the very real chance that it would come to nothing. We first thought about liberating 'servents', and passing out pamphlets encouraging people to be individuals. So we set about planning what would be our first of several night-time missions. As we carried on, we started thinking about infiltrating the City guard with a spy or two, so that we knew the best places to strike. This is where I first met Dessein J'arr - a rogue. he was a master of shadows, and provided us with all our best information.

Our missions were going fine for a long time. we were even able - with the help of Dessein's contacts - able to 'liberate' gold from certain houses, and distribute it amongst those we helped get away from the City.
Of course, this did not go unnoticed, but the City didn't want any news getting out, so the actions were downplayed to minor robberies and escapes/relocations.

Alas, our luck ran out. Several things happened that ended it all: After training for so long to be a priest, I was then told I'd be better suited to being a Paladin, so I was called away for my training, and so had to leave. I entrusted the proceedings to Marran, as I assumed he'd be the last suspected. Whatever happened, we were betrayed. Someone in our group led them to my parents, and most of those we freed (as they were hiding in abandoned houses, and our own mansion until they could be safely moved on). They rounded them up, and killed them all, branding my parents traitors. As I was out of the City, I wasn't suspected, as although I was involved heavily, and they knew my real name, I was able to hide behind 'Deyy'. I found out as Slyraen, an Orc shaman who assisted us found me, and said I should head back as soon as I could, and so we travelled back together.

My house was a burnt husk, and I found that I no longer knew anyone in Silvermoon. Even casual friends seemed to have left, maybe hearing of what was to transpire, or just out of luck. But I was alone. I had thought that the 'tall one' had been killed, as although she didn't take part in any of this, she was a Troll, and they seemed hellbent on killing anyone they thought might be linked to the crimes.

I found out relatively recently that the order for my parents and cohorts to be rounded up and killed came from the Bloodknights. They were seen as betraying all that was held dear, and so it cost them their lives. Upon hearing this, I fled Silvermoon, and renounced my only recently acquired knighthood, swearing a vow never to wear the tabard or associate myself with the order ever again.

The City has changed little. People are still not able to speak their minds, and the amount of freedoms that are heavily restricted are stifling. It is an abhorrent place, and I can not subject myself to. And so, I have relocated to Thunder Bluff, A place where I feel safe. I know not if Anyone from Silvermoon are after Lyranne, so when I do visit, I use my alias, which I also try to maintain out of the City.

(( I apologise for certain inconsistencies between not only this and the first post - which I will edit properly - and possibly with accepted lore. Alas, I haven't got any major resource material to work with, and so am having to just try and make it seem at leat partially coherent and grounded. Additionally, Although I've since edited it, I aknowledge it's stilted. But consider it more bullet points in Lyranne's life, and it makes it almost readable. ))

(( P.S If you read this, you have my thanks *smiles* ))

Edit: Many adjustments, so that it appears as something of a mess.
Back to top Go down

Lyranne's life lessons
Page 1 of 1