We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taking it to the extreme

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Taking it to the extreme Empty
PostSubject: Taking it to the extreme   Taking it to the extreme EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 7:28 am

Taking it to the extreme!

Vypra strolled into the hall and took a seat by the fire. She listened to the last few words spoken by the figure on the stage, someone she did not recognise as yet.
‘What’s all dis about?’ she whispered to the person next to her, nodding toward the stage.
‘Story-time, to entertain the mistress’ came the reply. ‘You got a story to share Troll?’
Her raucous laugh echoed round the hall and heads turned toward her.
‘Sure, why not?’ and she took a swig from the flagon of mead she had acquired from somewhere. ‘But I’ll stay here tanks, stories be for tellin’ by de fireside’
‘Well, before we joined you guys, Me and Vexacus had been after startin’ a little club. After fightin’ and drinkin’, me favourite hobby be fishin’, but dere be times when it gets a little dull.
Anyway, dere I was in Dustwallow marsh. I been consultin’ wit dat crazy human Pat Niggle, or whatever he be called.’
A heavy sigh came out of the shadows and Vypra heard a familiar voice mutter ‘For crying out loud, its Nat Pagle woman!’
She peered into the gloom and grinned cheekily ‘Oh, hey dere Vex, I didn’t see you. You want to chip in?’
Vexacus grunted sourly ‘You’re doing just fine.’
‘Okay, where was I? Oh yes, Dustwallow …’ Vypra took another swig of mead.
‘Yes, so dis crazy human calls himself de ‘Extreme Angler’ and he send me to all sorts of places to try out his fishin’ techniques. Anyway, while I’m at dis I start tinkin’ “Dis be more interesting than sittin’ in da barrens catchin’ deviate fish. But maybe we can really take it to da extreme.” So, I went to Auberdine to see how long it would take the sentinels to get fed-up of me stealin’ their fish. Well, it seems like they had more important things on their minds that day as they left me well enough alone. Eventually though, a young druid got a bit shirty about it and started blastin’ me wit moonfire. Well I put up wit it for a while, cos dere wasn’t much power behind it and it just kinda tickled. But when he started scarin’ away da fish I got a little annoyed. So I went wolf and bit him on de behind.’
She grinned at the memory of the druid’s startled yelp.
‘Those sentinels certainly took an interest in me den, so I decided to go for a little swim until they get tired.’
‘Of course, when I got back to Orgrimmar, Vex was keen to hear about my adventures and we started tinkin’ of other tings we could do. We found a couple of kids who were up for da challenge and took them fishin’ in Wailin’ Caverns. Fishin’ in dere while dodgin’ deranged druids was the best fun those kids ever had…shame they didn’t survive.’
Vypra shook her head sadly then brightened up as she took another drink.
‘Da next outing for our little club was durin’ an attack on Tarren Mill. We danced wit those Alliance warriors to and fro until, eventually, we pushed them all da way back to Southshore. While we were there I had some fun beating the guards to death with my fishing rod and then sticking fish hooks in amusing places.’
The harsh laugh filled the room again, quickly silenced as she drained the last of her drink.
‘By this time we’d made acquaintance of a few of ya crew and were in da process of gettin’ accepted. The “Theatre” offered more scope for our talents than a little anglin’ club.’
Vypra looked over to the shadows where Vexacus lurked. ‘What do you say to a spot of fishin’ darlin’?’
A wry smile spread across his craggy face ‘I’ll get my gear and meet you outside’

Vypra sprang up from her chair as if the effort of sitting still for so long actually hurt ‘Well, dat’s our amazing story! See ya later folks’ and with a cheery wave she strode from the hall.
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com

Taking it to the extreme
Page 1 of 1